Monday, August 22, 2011

My big fat Balkans wedding (aka 'how to treat your stomach badly')

'); }
Proper diet is essential for well being of someone having I.B.S. This means that individual having problems with his/hers stomach should avoid fat, carbonated drinks, irregular meals, spicy foods etc.
Having this said, I'd like to (one more time) confirm how much my brain plays an important role in my condition and how little does my actual physical condition have to do with my issues.

My friend was getting married recently and I was invited. Being anxious about all kind of social events, I was rather nervous about the happening, expecting my stomach to give me trouble. The only thing I wasn't sure of was how much trouble will I get. However, there was no way I could have said no. It simply wasn't an option. So I said freck it, I'll go and see how it goes. I even invited my (recently mentioned) very dear person to accompany me. Decided to play it brave, right?

On the wedding, I avoided all the advice one would give to someone with I.B.S. - I had a couple of beers, ate a pound of roast lamb, some pork, cheese, added some coke to the mixture... and I had a LOT of fun!!! No problems whatsoever!

My very dear person brought this to my attention - how badly I acted related to diet I should be taking care of. But hey, it all turned out well.

Having all this said, my stomach is still acting OK recently, to my greatest pleasure. I'm confused, though.
On the side note, I'll start mixing some personal info into this blog, to make it a little more cozy place. In the meanwhile, feel free to like it, share it, comment it or do anything you like with it. Just don't ignore it :).

Stay good!


No comments: