Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nervous Stomach - rules of thumb (and some of my own)

'); }
I've received an e-mail from a friend who is a doctor yesterday. He likes to tease me about my condition, by default denying to recognize it as a real thing. I can correlate to that - he works in E.R. and in his line of duty he sees some bad things, on a daily basis. Anyways, he sent me a link to an article about diet people with stomach issues should follow. A rather general article, saying what should people do when they have different stomach issues - ranging from inability to go to wc and do the thing to being very able and running there as if chased by Tasmanian devil in heat. Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed.

The issue with all the advice found online and in magazines is that they're so general. As a result, I should probably avoid drinking and eating all kind of things I like. Ok, that's probably true anyways, but still :). It was hard enough to accept the fact that beer is somewhat bad for my stomach. This didn't change too much on the fact that I still love it and go for one or two - or more - with friends from time to time. What it did change is that this happens less often than it did before (even though some people would try to prove me wrong).

It was my best intention to mention few rules of thumb - and some of my own, like suggested in the title. So, here they are.

Avoid:
  • beer :(
  • sparkly drinks, in general
  • too much sugar
  • coffee
  • stress
  • dairy products
Enjoy:
  • tea (chamomile, for example. Peppermint is great, as well)
  • food with much cellulose (i.e. cereals, cereals and some more cereals)
  • vegetables
  • yogurt
  • healthy living (this one I love the most)
Obviously, one should avoid stress. Sex is a great stress relief. Practice it safe. And try to avoid doing it on public places (as you might be caught, which might produce stress instead of removing it).

I'll be back on this sometimes.

Stay good!

No comments: